Since the inception of our Scholarship program in 2004, Skyline Gridiron Club has invested more than $25,000 in Spartan athletes that were advancing their education.
These scholarships are NOT based on academic or physical performance or financial need. They are designed to celebrate athletes that communicate what participation in Skyline football meant to their individual development and preparation beyond high school.
Applicants must be a graduating senior from Skyline High School and have participated in at least one full season of playing football at either the Varsity or Jr. Varsity levels.
Award amounts will be paid by a joint check between the recipient and the institution they will be attending.
Applications must be postmarked by February 1 to be eligible and must be:
- Typed and include name, address, phone, email
- Submitted by applicant, coach or teammate
- Complete - Applications are not considered if any required element is missing
- Scholarship year is defined as the most recent season of play
- Numeric scoring matrix is used to select final recipients
- All materials submitted are kept confidential; however some text maybe used publicly to support recipient selection
- Amount granted to each recipient in any given year may fluctuate, based on available resources
- Funds may be used at any secondary level facility - public or private - including university, community/junior college or vocational program. Proof of enrollment will be verified.
Application is complete when it is submitted with the following information:
Two (2) letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant who can attest to their deserving the award. Letters cannot be from family members or current Spartan players, but can be from coaches, teachers, employers, community members or even Spartan Alumni who personally know you.
List of personal accomplishments and other extra curricular activities (job, volunteer work, etc)
List of other scholarship applications submitted or awarded from other organizations.
Statement from the applicant of no less than 500 words including:
Explanation of your football experience, including how long you participated (prior to and including your high school experience),
Why participation in football was chosen and any special football honors, awards or accomplishments received
Statement on what Skyline Football taught you, what you personally contributed to the program and why you are the best candidate for this scholarship.
Explanation of where/how the award will be used – school attending, plans for playing football at the next level and what your career plans include.
How your involvement in the Skyline Football has prepared you for life, including how you can "give back" to Sparta as your career path develops
Advice to underclassmen or future Spartans on program involvement
General comments you deem important for consideration of the application
The RUDY Scholarship (no application required)
Originally established in the name of one of our alumni player families, it was renamed to recognize characteristics similar to those of Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, a student who overcame all odds to enter Notre Dame and join the Fighting Irish football team.
Senior players vote to select the recipient of this scholarship based on the following criteria:
- For putting the team first
- Encouraging other players
- Respecting the coaches
- Giving more than 100%
- Enjoyment of being a Spartan - on the field and off
Questions? Send an email to with a subject line of SCHOLARSHIPS